[CPEO-BIF] Horseshoe Road Superfund site (NJ)- potential vapor intrusion

Lenny Siegel lsiegel at cpeo.org
Fri Oct 13 20:13:17 PDT 2006

Concerns raised over Horseshoe Road site
Environmental group says Horseshoe Road is 'a toxic playground'

BY MICHAEL ACKER
Old Bridge Suburban, (NJ)
October 12, 2006

Human exposure to toxic substances is not under control at the Horseshoe
Road Superfund site in Sayreville.

That's according to a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency report, which
lists more than a dozen other sites in New Jersey as also being
unsecured to exposure.

"One of the issues we have with the groundwater is vapor intrusion,"
Osolin said. "When we look at a site, we not only look at what potential
exposures there are now, we look at what we might find in the future.
Volatile organic solvents trapped in the ground beneath the site could
put off gas into a building if one is built there, so we are going in
after those to get rid of that potential."

For the entire article, see
http://suburban.gmnews.com/news/2006/1012/Front_Page/002.html

--

Lenny Siegel