[CPEO-BIF] University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee dorm project

Lenny Siegel lsiegel at cpeo.org
Wed Oct 11 22:04:12 PDT 2006

Brownfield grant clears way for new UWM dorm

Milwaukee Small Business Times (WI)
October 11, 2006

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Real Estate Foundation Inc. today
received a $100,000 Blight Elimination and Brownfield Redevelopment
(BEBR) grant from the Wisconsin Department of Commerce to help clear the
way for construction of a new student dormitory.

The grant will help UWM remediate a four-acre site at 1194 East North
Ave., where the university plans to construct a six-story dorm. Total
costs for the remediation will be nearly $1 million, and the total
investment in the form project will exceed $26 million. Five new
full-time jobs with health insurance benefits will be created within two
years of the completion of the project.

"Through my 'Grow Wisconsin' plan, we are strengthening our cities by
restoring vacant and blighted commercial and industrial areas to
productive use," said Gov. Jim Doyle.

For the entire article, see
http://www.biztimes.com/daily/2006/10/11/brownfield-grant-clears-way-for-new-uwm-dorm

--