[CPEO-BIF] Petoskey Pointe (MI) tax credit debate

Lenny Siegel lsiegel at cpeo.org
Mon Oct 9 08:14:54 PDT 2006

[I expect this issue to come up more and more: Are Brownfields subsidies
for development in general, or are they targeted at properties with
significant environmentally impairments? - LS]

Allen supports review of $4.5 million tax credit request

By CRAIG McCOOL
Traverse City Record Eagle (MI)
October 8, 2006

PETOSKEY — A state lawmaker said he is "very concerned" that developers
behind a downtown project cited inaccurate information on an application
worth millions in brownfield tax credits.

Sen. Jason Allen, R-Traverse City, supports a complete review of
Petoskey Pointe developers' application for a $4.5 million tax credit,
awarded in June by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation.

"Clearly, it's an oversight issue between the (Department of
Environmental Quality) and the MEDC. I think it's appropriate for them
to take full review of the problems that are going on," Allen said.

For the entire article, see
http://www.record-eagle.com/2006/oct/08pointe.htm

--

Lenny Siegel